Thursday, October 30, 2008

Breaking the dam...in Amsterdam



It's almost been 2 months since I've left home and despite my hate-on for taking pictures, I've managed to document some of the last 55 days.  I have spent the last 2 days in the Amsterdam public library and the last 2 nights wandering the streets of the redlight district.  Like all the other places I've been so far, Amsterdam is peppered with both good and bad sentiments.  Today I saw 2 pigeons picking away at a piece of dog turd.  I had bad feelings towards this.  On the other hand, I was bewitched by the city when the old dutch bar owner, reprimanding some teenage Brits yelled, "Noe shmoeking in de lounge here!".  The 3 boys filed out with their heads down, like they had been sent to bed without their pudding.  Only it was 9:30 in the morning, and it was hash and not pudding they were being denied.    

So this is my first post and I'm not sure what this will all be about - sometimes me, sometimes pictures, sometimes videos, just sometimes somethings.   I'll be back-posting pictures from the first portion of my trip - (is "back posting" even a real blog word?).  

1 comment:

bamber whatever said...

hey. i love you. that's all.
more brilliant comments abound! later, i mean.