Monday, August 24, 2009

Galeries Lafayette

Paris' oldest department store - floors upon floors of the fanciest brands.  Almost like a market with people in little areas like stalls hawking Chanel and YSL.  Just looking, thank you.  

The ornate detailing reminded us of the Alhambra.


They had just opened up a brand new shoe floor in the basement.  3000 sq. m. (YES 3000 sq. m.) of shoes too beautiful to bear, after a dizzying 7 minutes I had to flee the lair before it did irreversible damage to my expectations of normal shoe shopping.
 

Looking down on to the cosmetics floor.  You'd think their domestic, french brands would be less expensive than back in North America - nope.  I think the french take "luxe" very seriously.

There's a whole other building devoted to "Gourmet" - I'm going to have to go it alone this week.  Why P wouldn't want to spend hours walking up and down food aisles is beyond me.

No comments: