Thursday, July 2, 2009

Highs around 32 degrees celsius

My face has been rendered permanently shiney, and I'm not talking about that lovely dewy look either.  Then there's the do-it-myself-haircut which is growing out and I'm not sure what to do with it, but I bet that paints a pretty picture for all of you who are imagining me and my glamourous self in Paris.  The thing I love about this city is that it's so damn snobby.  I'm not talking about the people, but city itself, like it knows how amazing it is and never lets anyone forget it.  For the most part, I wander around wide-eyed and humble, always a little self-conscious of my hack-job haircut and pseudo-tourist status.  Despite its aloofness, there are times that Paris lives up to all its dreamy hype.  It sneaks up on you when you're out for a walk at night and you can't help but think to yourself, "I'm here.  In Paris.", and what makes it so magical is that for a moment you feel like Paris finally noticed you and thinks that you're kind of cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather says:

Pat! you seem to have hit your writing stride now in Paris. I haven't jumped onto your page in a while and I am loving the writing flow and the laughter and insights and the imagery. :)

I'll most definitely have to keep reading. Greetings from sunny Vancouver! (We're finally getting summer 07, 08 and 09 all at once!).

Oh, ps: I have been following this french fashion designer's blog; it's lovely. :) http://www.thecherryblossomgirl.com/


xoxo H.